What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you are asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience. We use this information to process your payment, complete your order and provide any needed assistance pertaining to your order or experience.
GDPR Complacency – True Glue is dedicated to safeguarding the personal information under our remit and in developing a data protection regime that is effective, fit for purpose and demonstrates an understanding of, and appreciation for the new Regulation. Our preparation and objectives for GDPR compliance have been summarized in this statement and include the development and implementation of new data protection roles, policies, procedures, controls and measures to ensure maximum and ongoing compliance.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, Use Live Chat, Open a Support Ticket or enter information on our site. We do this as it provides us with feedback on our products or services; these processes also help you collect “True Points” – our frequent buyer rewards system. All points of data collection are clearly marked with an Opt-in check-box.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
To improve our website in order to better serve you
To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
To quickly process your transactions and fulfill orders
To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
True-Glue.com receives daily malware scans.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
How can you access your information?
Your information can be found in your account settings, you can adjust, revise or remove information via our website in your account. WE DO NOT STORE CREDIT CARD INFORMATION ON OUR WEBSITE – Credit card transactions are provided by a third-party payment gateway. We respect and honour requests for data deletion. Data Requests can be made via our Data Request Page here.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored within your internet browser by the websites that you visit. In a similar way to many other websites, true-glue.com places cookies on your device to understand more about your visit, how user use our website and help us to evolve our design and enhance your experience.
Cookies are used for various aspects of functionality such as keeping track of the items in your shopping cart, learning more about how you arrived at our website and to store your preferences so you don’t have to enter them each time you visit. Cookies also keep track of your Wishlist items. See below for the types of cookies we use and the functionality they support.
Cookie Types That True-Glue.com Uses:
These are cookies that our website needs in order to function and if they are not accepted by you, parts of the site won’t be usable. Examples of where these cookies are used include: to store how many items are in your shopping cart, to anonymously determine when you are signed in, and to determine which currency we should use based on your preference.
Third Party Cookies
Read on to learn how to disable these cookies should you wish to switch this feature off.
We use various software tools that allow us to study, and then improve, how customers interact with our website – this is known as website analytics. Examples of analytical tools that we use are: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics and User Replay.
Analytics cookies allow us to understand more about how many visitors we have to the website, how many times they visit true-glue.com and how many times a user viewed specific webpages within our site. Although analytics cookies allow us to gather specific information about the pages that you visit and whether you have visited true-glue.com multiple times, we cannot use them to find out details such as your name or address.
How Can I Manage My Cookies?
If you do not want to accept cookies from true-glue.com, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you choose to do this, please be aware true-glue.com may no longer function as intended.
How Can I Turn My Cookies Off?
You can use your web browser to:
- delete all cookies;
- block all cookies;
- allow all cookies;
- block third-party cookies;
- clear all cookies when you close the browser;
- open a ‘private browsing’ / ‘incognito’ session, which allows you to browse the internet without storing local data; and
- install add-ons and plug-ins to extend browser functionality.
Where to find information about controlling cookies
- Internet Explorer cookies information
- Chrome cookies information
- Firefox cookies information
- Safari cookies information
- Opera cookies information
- A number of websites provide detailed information on cookies, including AboutCookies.org and AllAboutCookies.org.
- The Internet Advertising Bureau website Your Online Choices allows you to install opt-out cookies across different advertising networks.
- Google has developed a browser add-on to allow users to opt-out of Google Analytics across all websites which use this popular analytics product.
- New technologies such as Mozilla’s Do Not Track allow you to tell websites not to track you.
- Internet Explorer has a feature called Tracking Protection Lists which allows you to import a list of websites you want to block.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
True-Glue.com integrates with the following services to manage relevant user information, process purchases and communicate with our customers – You can review each of their distinct Privacy Policies linked below:
- Google Pay – we integrate with Google Pay to provide you with fast purchases via your Chrome browser or Google Play device
- Apple Pay – we integrate with Apple Pay to provide you with fast purchases via your Apple device
- PayPal – we integrate with PayPal to provide you to purchase on True-Glue.com via your PayPal account
- Stripe – we integrate with Stripe to process orders via credit card anonymously
- MailChimp – we integrate with Mailchimp to communicate with customers who opt-in to our newsletter, we also use MailChimpto offer the chance to opt-in to our mailing list on our site
- Google – we integrate with Google to provide us with anonymous analytics and a high-level overview of our website traffic
- Facebook – we integrate with Facebook to deliver relevant advertising to new and existing customers from time to timevia the Facebook Ad Network
- Canada Post – we integrate with Canada Post to quickly process shipping labels for orders
We have implemented the following:
• Remarketing with Google AdSense
• Google Display Network Impression Reporting
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
• By logging in to your account
How does our site handle
Do Not Track signals?We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
• Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification
• Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
ActThe CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Send you additional information related to your product and/or service• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
This website was designed; is hosted by and receives regular updates and maintenance from Toronto Creatives (TorontoCreatives.com).
290 Carlaw Ave.
Unit 203, 2nd Floor
Toronto, ON, M4M 3L1
Last Edited on 2018-06-03